Sunday, October 29, 2006

Pumpkin Carving Day

Yesterday was Pumpkin Carving Day at our house. Now while I am pretty handy with a sewing machine, I am not a master pumpkin carver. I've seen all the beautiful "decorator pumpkins" on TV and in magazines. How I WISH I could do that, but alas...pumpkins are one medium in which I stick with the basics. :-)


This year I did venture out a bit from the traditional triangle shaped eyes & nose with the snaggle tooth mouth. I opted for cresent moon eyes and a big wide grin. I like this year's pumpkin although the kitty we did a few years back is my all-time favorite. Now we have another kind of kitty pumpkin, which I always enjoy displaying. The arms, legs, face & ears are used each year to decorate a pumpkin....a la Mr. Potato Head. We have Mr. Kitty Pumpkin! Here is our entire Pumpkin Family for 2006.