Monday, April 21, 2008

Home Again, Home Again

Coming home after a vacation can be bittersweet. Yes, it's great to sleep in your own bed again, but it's hard not to miss the week just past. A carefree week with very little cooking, lots of relaxing, family time and some beautiful scenery.

That's where I am today . . . trying to catch up on mail & email; get Etsy purchases ready to ship, start processing monogramming orders from the website; update the blog, etc. I'm getting back to the general busy-ness of business. :-)

I did the laundry yesterday. [did I hear a collective UGH! ? ;-) ] Even though I did some washing while on vacation, I still had mountains to do yesterday. I had to wonder if the neighbors dropped their laundry off while I was away. Now if they would just come back to fold it!

The weather was sunny all week; but it was a little cooler than we expected or hoped for April. There were a couple of days that we decided to skip the beach all together. It was just too cold so we shopped instead! Even as the week warmed up, it was so windy on the beach that it felt cooler than it should have. I still can't complain . . . after all, it's still the beach!

Here are just a few pictures from our trip. I've saved more of my favorites for Wordless Wednesdays and later posts so keep checking back. I'll share more pictures, talk about my beach book & more. ;-)