Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow Day

Yesterday was a Snow Day!

We don't get much snow around here so it was a big deal. After the sun came out, most was gone by afternoon but it was beautiful while it lasted. I guess that's the best of both worlds. There were no travel problems or power outages. This is the most snow we've gotten in the past 8 or 9 years so we had to make a snowman. :-) He was almost 5 feet tall!

Meet George

About 3.5 inches of snow!



This was beautiful while it lasted. Spring is just around the corner for us. We are expecting temps in the mid 70s by the weekend! :-)

7 comments:

Felicia said...

Aw, that sweet snowman looks like Pigpen from the Peanuts :)

Audrey said...

Love the snowman! We get quite a bit of snow, but not usually the kind that sticks together to make a snowman.

Christine said...

Hahaha what a cute snowman. I love his hat. He looks very friendly. I am amused that there is grass all around him. :)

By the way, I LOVE your blog header with the pink and damask pattern.

♥ xtine
http://stuffbyxtine.blogspot.com

Hana said...

Isn't the snow wonderful? We got 5-7"....the most since 2000! We had sooo much fun today! In fact, my hubby is taking the kids out right now to play in the snow in the dark! They just can't get enough of the white stuff!!

Chrissy Ann Ceramics said...

George is a handsome snowman! Looks like a happy man! :0)
Happy snow day here too!

Ophelia Miller Boutique said...

Cute snowman. Looks like you had a fun snowday. I'm hoping this was the last of them....I'm ready for the spring flowers!!!

RhiannonSTR said...

I love the snowman. We got about 6 inches in RI on Monday. I love it. But we didn't have a chance to make a snowman:(.