Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Al Fresco Serendipity

al·fres·co : taking place or located in the open air

ser·en·dip·i·ty : the phenomenon of finding valuable or agreeable things not sought for

The result: This brand new, original Sew Gracious design

This bag came to be on a quiet afternoon in my sewing room. I knew I wanted to make a bag, but didn't want to make a basic tote bag. What to do?

The new fabric, from the Al Fresco Collection by Marcus, was laid out on my work table. What a great name for a fabric collection! Fresh . clean . contemporary . crisp . Perfect!

I just started cutting & sewing; with no real plan in mind. As the work progressed, I knew this bag would be something new, something different.

It's nice to sew without patterns and just be creative. :) This is the result, the serendipity, of that quiet afternoon. I hope you love it as much as I do.



This OOAK bag can be yours. Just click the pics to go do the listing or go to the Sew Gracious Etsy Shop to see all the great goodies.