It's Dolly Parton week on American Idol. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. All of the contestants did well, even those who wouldn't be considered to be in the country music genre.
- The 2 Davids were outstanding and my favorite performances of the evening.
- BTW . . . David Cook was taken to the hospital after last nights performance because of heart palpitations and high blood pressure. He has been released and I hope he's OK
- Michael Johns wasn't bad either, but the ascot was kinda cheesy.
- Jolene was a great choice for Brooke White and I loved the ensemble of the fiddle, drum box, etc; but the tempo was just a tad too fast
- Carly did well, but I think her confidence is being shaken, by the media and comments like Simon made. I agree in part . . . at this point in the competition, the stylists should be making her look great every week. Her wardrobe last night . . . not so great
- Jason Castro is growing on me. Great performance last night. He's cute and has a winning smile, but he doesn't interview well
- Syesha . . . You knew she would sing I Have Always Loved You. I mean, Whitney made it a hit long after Dolly originally performed it years ago. Since Whitney did, Syesha had to do it too, right? Sorry . . . if you're gonna sing anything Whitney sang, you should be able to do it just as well or better. Syesha missed the marked BIG TIME last night.
- Country Music should have been right up Kristy Lee's alley, but she seems disconnected from her song, Coat of Many Colors.
- Ramiele . . . . :-(
My picks for the bottom 3 tonight: RAMIELE, KRISTY LEE & SYESHA