Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Good Memories

. . . whew......we made it. Christmas 2007 is now a memory.

It's a good memory. I did my best NOT to get stressed in the days leading up to the holiday. I wish I could say I didn't stress at all, but that would not be totally true; although I can say I did much better than I have in years past. I made a conscious effort to be more positive this year. There is always something positive about every situation, sometimes it just takes a little more effort to find it. :-) So, during those times when there was just too much activity; I tried to stop and be thankful for the excitement. There are people in this world who are completely alone (not by choice). I am blessed, even in the midst of "too much".

Once December 25 has past, I am ready to have the house back in order. We un-decorated today. Yes, our tree is down, ornaments are stored, wreaths are in the attic and things are back in place. I enjoy having the tree, in fact we put it up before Thanksgiving, but on the 26th it goes back into hibernation for 11 months. I'll see it again next November. I did spend a few extra minutes last night, by myself, for one last glimpse of our 2007 Christmas tree. I looked at all of our ornaments, remembering things about each one. Good memories that I'll cherish.

I'm still taking a break from sewing although I do have elements to brand new bags on my cutting table and fresh ideas in my head. The promise of the new year is inspiring me to design new bags and make improvements to past designs. I'll share more about my plans for the new year soon. Right now, I'm just going to enjoy the good memories.