Sunday, December 20, 2009

Shiny Brite Vintage Ornaments

Remember these? I do. {I did have a birthday earlier this week, ya know}. These are vintage Shiny Brite ornaments that originally belonged to my parents. If my Daddy were still alive, they would celebrate their 52nd anniversary this week. My mother said these were the first ornaments they purchased so I'm guessing they are over 50 years old. You can see the ornaments AND the boxes are in excellent condition. You would have had to know my Daddy to really appreciate this. :-) Some of the ornaments even have the original ornament hooks still attached. Let's just say, they don't make 'em like they use to.

I have lots of other vintage Shiny Brites from them. I guess as time passed, they were able to afford some of the fancier styles. I had great intentions of snapping shots of those as well, but I've been sewing just a little bit lately. ;-)


I hope you have something special, passed down through your family, that will bring special memories this Christmas.
Merry Christmas!