Thursday, January 29, 2009

ANSWER: Jeopardy

QUESTION: What is one show that you TiVO without fail?


I admit it. I *heart* JEOPARDY. We have a DVR recording set for each day's new episode.

Yes, it's that bad.

I'm no Ken Jennings, but my family sometimes wonders how I know so much "stuff". Sometimes I get the answer right with a lucky guess, sometimes it's from a clue in the answer, sometimes I just know it. It always loved Trival Pursuit; any kind of trivia for that matter . . . so Jeopardy is loads of fun for me.

Ever wonder how to get on the show? One way is to take the annual online test at Jeopardy.com . I've done it for the past several years and took it again last night. Needless to say, you haven't seen me on the show yet! LOL

In general, the 50 online questions are a little more challenging than what you see on TV. Maybe that is to weed out some people right from the start. I have to say, this year's online questions seemed a little easier than last year. There were several I knew and most I felt good about my guess, so we'll see what happens.

That said, when you take the online test, you never know what you got right or wrong, your score, etc. If you are selected for the show, they contact you. In other words "Don't Call Us. We'll Call You". My phone hasn't rung yet. ;)

So, if I go further in this process, I'll let you know. In the meantime, I'll continue to amaze my family with my vast knowledge of all Jeopardy topics {except Shakespeare & the old Britsh monarchy . . . I never do well on those questions :-) }