Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Before & After : Wingback Chairs

Most everyone has some out-dated furniture . . . hand-me-downs, borrowed, leftover from college, yard sale. You get the picture. We have a pair of wingback chairs that we got from my mother. I suppose they were pretty when she got them 10+ years ago. They are very well made {Broyhill maybe} and were expensive when she bought them.

Well, 10 years later, they don't really go with our decor. We are in the process of doing some updating, painting, remodeling etc. It's a slow go. Those of you doing this process know how slowly it can go. :-) I knew it would be expensive to buy fabric and have the chairs re-covered. We've done that before with a cool chair be got at an auction.

These chairs needed help, but on a budget. That's when I found SureFit slipcovers for wingback chairs. These aren't the slipcovers of old. These are make from a stretch fabric and fit like a glove. They were easy to put on the chairs and stay tucked, even after someone sits in the chair. I've used a SureFit slipcover on a sofa once upon a time. Not good. It had to be retucked when anyone sat down.

I was so pleased with the new look for my old chairs, I had to share.

BEFORE


AFTER