Monday, December 17, 2007

An iPod & Roses

Those of us with December birthdays are often lost in the shuffle of the busy-ness of the holiday season. A birthday just doesn't seem to take as much priority in December as it does in April or July or October. After 40+ years, I've gotten used to it....well, a sort of.


In days gone by, more than once, I was allowed to take one gift from under the tree as my birthday present. More than one time, I've gotten a birthday gift wrapped in Christmas paper. I know it's busy in December, but would you wrap a b'day gift in Christmas paper if you were giving it in the summer time? Probably not. But no sour grapes here.... :-)

My sweet family has always made my birthday special...and separate from Christmas. This year I spent the day with my family...my favorite thing to do. They surprised me with a dozen roses and......AN IPOD SHUFFLE!!!!!!!!!

Can a I get a WOO HOOOO! :-)

Here are my beautiful roses. I never get tired of flowers.
The iPod is the best thing ever for working out. I did 2 miles on the treadmill this morning before I even realized it. I love my little iPod and have enjoy picking my workout music.

I had a wonderful birthday this year....special time with special people who made sure that I had a special day; just for me. :-)